CSIP will use the following criteria to select the most deserving individuals, organizations and enterprises, who will then participate in the 2012 Social Enterprise Incubator Program:
- Suitability: in terms of the environmental/social issues being addressed, their social-enterprise models and the possible impacts on their respective societies.
The 2012 Social Enterprise Incubator Program’s preferences include clean water and effective use and distribution of water resource, especially that in Southern Central Vietnam (particularly Ninh Thuan Province).
- Innovation and competitive advantages: The selected enterprises must be working on solutions, operational models and services that are innovative and possess comparative advantages. Such innovation and competitive advantages are expected to add value and bring about higher-level community impacts, or to enhance the effectiveness of the social enterprises in the market.
- Feasibility: The selected enterprises must possess operational models and initiatives/sub-initiatives that are feasible and responsive to the market’s demand.
- Capacities for execution: Their management teams must be able to utilize the right models, knowledge and practical experience in their area and market. Must demonstrate transparency and accountability.
- Social entrepreneurial qualities of the leader(s): the social entrepreneur(s) must be passionate, visionary, creative, determined, willing to take risks and committed to realize their visions.